Equal Opportunity Employer¶
X Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other protected categories in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, discipline, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Anti-Discrimination & Harassment Policy¶
We have adopted a policy of “zero-tolerance” with respect to unlawful employee discrimination and harassment. It is the policy of X Studios that all employees are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect. Discrimination or harassment of any employee will not be tolerated. In this connection, we expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or status in any group protected by state or local law. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
With respect to sexual harassment, we prohibit the following:
Unwelcome sexual advances; requests for sexual favors; and all other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual or otherwise offensive nature, including situations in which:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment;
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for decisions affecting an individual’s employment; or
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Offensive comments, jokes, innuendos, and other sexually-oriented statements. Examples of the types of conduct expressly prohibited by this policy include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Touching, such as rubbing or massaging someone’s neck or shoulders, stroking someone’s hair, or brushing against another’s body.
- Sexually-suggestive touching.
- Grabbing, groping, kissing, fondling.
- Violating someone’s “personal space”.
- Whistling in a sexually-suggestive manner.
- Lewd, off-color, sexually-oriented comments or jokes.
- Leering, staring, stalking.
- Suggestive or sexually-explicit posters, calendars, photographs, graffiti, cartoons, screensavers.
- Unwanted or offensive letters or poems.
- Sitting or gesturing sexually.
- Offensive E-mail or voice-mail messages.
- Sexually-oriented or explicit remarks, including written or oral references to sexual conduct, gossip regarding one’s sex life, body, sexual activities deficiencies, or prowess.
- Questions, discussions or comments about one’s sex life or experiences.
- Repeated requests for dates.
- Sexual favors in return for employment rewards, or threats if sexual favors are not provided.
- Sexual assault or rape.
- Any other conduct or behavior deemed inappropriate by X Studios.
The assumption that your behavior is acceptable to everyone with whom you come into contact can create a difficult situation for everyone involved. Whether harassment is intended or not, you may be appropriately accused of harassment if your behavior is unacceptable to another individual. Be aware of how people respond to what you do and say. If an individual objects to your behavior towards him or her, listen to and heed the objections. What is acceptable behavior to some people is not always acceptable behavior to others.
These policies equally prohibit conduct of a similar nature which is based upon race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.